Pursuing a Career in Manufacturing Robotics

Hello,

I just recently (very recently) started a new job (as of writing this, I’m getting ready to go in for my 2nd night, lol). Anyways, it is an automotive parts manufacturer and right now I’m just a simple assembly line worker. However, watching the robots work has really piqued my interest. I love watching them move, and I’m constantly wondering how they work.

The brand of robots is Omron Adept. I was able to take a peek at some of the models. I saw eCobra 600, and Viper s850. Anyways, I really want to eventually move beyond the assembly line, and I’m just fascinated with how the robots work, so I thought maybe I could pursue the path of a technician or a robotics engineer?

I want to try and show initiative and either start self-studying (I found some user guides to the robot models I mentioned) but also maybe pursue an associate’s degree at my local community college. Here are 3 programs that I found that might have some value, if I could please get your opinions? Note: I had an interest in the Advanced Manufacturing Tech. But it’s the only out of the three choices that is not ABET accredited, I didn’t know if that would be a red flag or not.

Advanced Manufacturing Technology | Rhodes State Community College

Electronic Engineering Technology | Rhodes State Community College

Manufacturing Engineering Technology

Please let me know your thoughts! I know it would probably be better to directly ask the supervisor of the technicians for some training or advice? But since I have very little to no knowledge about robotics at this point, I didn’t know if that would be a bad idea right now.

Thanks everyone!