Yesterday we had the first New England AMHUB event - a great roundtable discussion with New England manufacturers around lessons learned from COVID and how their companies are adaption to the new realities. Here is a video recording of the event, would love to hear everyone’s thoughts and continue the conversation in the comments!
Some of our takeaways:
The Pandemic has Made Us More Open to Changes.
- It has made us embrace remote enablement more willingly.
- Unleashed the level of innovation that people have not thought about before.
The Big Reset is Now.
- Redeploying the workforce and investing in training resources need to happen. Not when we go back to the workforce.
- This will require partnerships between companies, education institutions, the government, and other stakeholders.
The Onshoring of Manufacturing.
- Moving away from tool-based production to fully digital production can enable this.
- Better demand forecasting will enable engineers to modify their products much closer to the launch cycle.
We Must Focus on the People.
- How do we enable more people?
- How do we leverage peoples’ skills to work with cobots?
All the Stakeholders Must Work Collaboratively.
- SMEs need greater support with the leadership of large companies.
- Various stakeholders such as OEM, suppliers, and the government all need to come together and collaborate on digital transformation.
- The government should have a roadmap of this transformation but stay flexible.